The Resolution Committee facilitates the resolution of concerns and issues.
2016-2017 Resolution Committee
- Community Members will be appointed if and when a Committee is required to meet.
- Subject matter experts will be appointed as required.
Wayne Bamber; Heather Harms.
NGO's & Regulators:
Resolution Committee - What We Do
The Resolution Committee (RC) is a standing committee of LICA.
Purpose: The RC is mandated to:
- Provide an open forum for discussion of issues related to development in the LICA area, as required.
- To cultivate a cooperative working relationship between partners
- To listen to the issues identified, discuss, research and recommend solutions
- To recommend specific public information educational sessions around issues identified by the committee
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review RC Terms of Reference for Board approval
- Act as a resource to the LICA Executive Manager, Board, and committees
- Provide the LICA Executive Manager with assistance and direction in the resolution of simple issues, and to create a process for the resolution of more complex issues
- Consider, discuss and identify the appropriate agency
- Chair of the LICA Board may attend as ex-officio
- Up to five (5) community members may be appointed by the Board
- At least one member of the committee must be a board member
- Industry members, NGO's and Regulators
- Meetings will be held as required, at the LICA office or a more convenient location as determined by the committee
- All meetings will be open to the public
- Chair is to be elected by committee membership on an annual basis
Resources, Expenses & Budget:
- The RC shall have access to the resources of the LICA office and Executive Manager, including phone, fax, email, paper, etc. as required
- If RC members are required to cover costs out-of-pocket (e.g. mileage, phone bills, postage), these shall be reimbursed at standard
- LICA rates upon presentation of receipts as per Board Operation Policy - Finance: #6.8
- The RC shall have an annual operating budget to be administered through the LICA office
- The RC shall communicate with the LICA Board by providing copies of the committee meeting minutes
- The Chair shall forward RC reports to the Executive Manager in time for each Board meeting
- An annual RC report will be submitted to the Board
- When requested by the Board or when an issue requires representation for clarification or explanation, the Chair or designate of the RC shall brief the Board
- Facilitate resolution of issues identified as important by the community, the LICA Board of Directors, or local industry
- The RC shall review its Terms of Reference and evaluate its objectives annually.